A while back I posted a five-part series entitled Q&A on Files, Streams, Buffers, and Blobs:
- Part 1 (Why doesn’t StorageFile have a close method?)
- Part 2: My God, what are all those stream types about?
- Part 3: What are these buffer things?
- Part 4: Don’t streams and buffers make file I/O complicated?
- Part 5: What are MSStream and Blob objects in HTML5?
More recently I drew from that material, added some more Q&A, and even wrote some C# code in a two-part series on the Building Apps for Windows Blog:
- Common questions and answers about files and app data, part 1: App data
- Common questions and answers about files and app data, part 1: Files